The zirconia ceramic plunger is made of ceramic as a whole, but only part of the surface of the sprayed ceramic plunger is made of zirconia ceramics, so the performance characteristics of the two are still different. Pintejin Ceramics Factory will analyze it for you below.
The high-pressure plunger pump is the core component of the high-pressure cleaner, and the plunger is the most easily worn core component in the movement, and its quality will directly affect the performance of the whole machine.
According to the different materials of the plunger, the plunger can be summarized into three types: metal plunger, ceramic plunger, and porcelain-sprayed plunger. At present, the plungers used in the middle and high-end machines on the market are mainly two types: ceramic plungers and porcelain spray plungers.
The world-renowned high-quality pumps, including American CAT (Cat), Italian INTERPUMP (Interpump) and other crankshaft pumps all use ceramic plungers.
They are the originator of the plunger pump. After many years of practice, the plunger pump uses a ceramic plunger to perform better. At present, all European high-pressure pump manufacturers use ceramic plungers, and none of them use porcelain-sprayed plungers. Therefore, in general, the quality level of pumps using ceramic plungers is significantly better than that of sprayed porcelain plungers.
Today, there is still a popular saying in the china market that the porcelain-sprayed plunger is an upgraded version of the ceramic plunger, and the porcelain-sprayed plunger is better than the ceramic plunger. So let’s take a closer and objective look at the comparison of the two products.
Ceramic plungers have the following characteristics:
- (1) The ceramic plunger adopts high-performance technical ceramic material, which has the properties of high hardness, wear resistance, high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance. To ensure reliable material performance.
- (2) The microporous structure obtained by the unique machining method of the ceramic plunger working surface has a self-lubricating effect, which changes the sliding friction and lubrication mechanism of the traditional plunger pump.
- (3) The surface of the inner cavity adopts a fluid structure without dead ends and grooves. The surface of the inner cavity and the surface of the plunger are processed to a mirror surface by an advanced high-precision inner and outer cylindrical grinder, and the outer surface is vibrated and polished, which is convenient for cleaning and disinfection.
- (4) The structure of the pump body is finely sealed with the product structure, which is convenient for disassembly.
- (5) This type of product has been tested for corrosion resistance, acid and alkali resistance, and its various indicators have reached the international advanced level.
Ceramic plunger rod The porcelain-sprayed plunger is indeed better than the original metal plunger, because the surface is also ceramic, but there are also several problems:
- (1) Long-term use will easily cause water into the oil tank, causing the oil in the crankcase to turn into a white turbid liquid, increasing the friction and reducing the life of the entire pump.
- (2) It cannot bear large pressure, and the coating is easy to peel off. After the coating falls off, the friction will increase, which will cause damage to the water seal and oil seal, and the problem of water leakage and oil leakage occurs frequently.
- (3) When damaged, it must be replaced as a whole, which increases the maintenance cost and difficulty.