Silicon carbide ceramics outperform other ceramic spare parts in certain industrial applications. There are many ceramic spare parts in the market, such as alumina ceramic parts, zirconia ceramic parts, silicon carbide ceramic parts. The following is a detailed introduction to the use and characteristics of silicon carbide ceramics by Pintejin ceramic manufacturers.
Silicon carbide ceramic ring In air, silicon carbide begins to oxidize at 800°C, but very slowly. The oxidation rate increases rapidly with increasing temperature. Silicon carbide oxidizes 1.6 times faster in oxygen than in air and slows down with time. A typical parabolic profile can be obtained if quantitative oxidation traces occur over time, which reflects the effect of the silica protective layer on the oxidation rate of SiC. What are the main uses of silicon carbide ceramics?
Due to its super rigid performance, it can be made into various abrasives such as grinding wheels and gauze, and is widely used in the machining industry.
Refractory: Refractory black silicon carbide is generally divided into three types.
- A. Advanced refractory black silicon carbide.
- B, Secondary refractory black silicon carbide, containing more than 90% silicon carbide.
- C. Inexpensive refractory black silicon carbide, whose silicon carbide content must exceed 83%, is mainly used for the lining of iron troughs, molten iron bags, zinc smelting industry and sponge manufacturing industry.
Silicon carbide deoxidizer produces better steel and is more economical than ferrosilicon deoxidizer.
3. High temperature resistant parts
Due to the wear resistance and acid and alkali corrosion resistance of silicon carbide ceramics, mechanical sealing materials can be prepared, while the high thermal conductivity of silicon carbide ceramics can be used in high temperature heat exchangers such as pit furnaces in the metallurgical industry
4. Electrical And electrical aspects
Silicon carbide has high thermal conductivity and good insulation and can be used as a large-scale circuit substrate and packaging material. Characteristics of Silicon Carbide Porous Ceramic Materials: Silicon carbide porous ceramic materials are made from corundum sand, silicon carbide, cordierite and other raw materials through molding and special high-temperature sintering process. It has the advantages of high temperature resistance, high pressure resistance, acid, alkali and organic medium corrosion resistance, good biological inertness, controllable pore structure, high porosity, long service life, and good product regeneration performance. Filtration and separation of various media, noise reduction of high-pressure gas exhaust gas, gas distribution and electrolytic membrane, etc. Silicon carbide porous ceramic materials have the following characteristics:
- High porosity: An important feature of porous silicon carbide ceramics is that they have more uniform and controllable pores. The pores are divided into open pores and closed pores: open pores can filter, absorb, absorb and eliminate echoes, while closed pores can help block the transfer of heat, sound, and liquid and solid particles.
- High strength: Porous ceramic materials are generally made of metal oxides, silicon dioxide, silicon carbide and other materials after being calcined at high temperature. These materials are inherently strong. During calcination, the boundaries of the raw material particles melt and combine to form a high-strength ceramic.
- Stable physical and chemical properties: Silicon carbide porous ceramic material can withstand both acid and alkali corrosion, and high temperature and high pressure, its own clean state is good, will not cause secondary pollution, is a green and environmentally friendly functional material;
- High filtration accuracy and good regeneration performance: The filter material used for porous ceramic materials has narrow pore size distribution, high porosity and specific surface area, and good contact with the filtered ceramic material, including suspended solids, colloid content and microbial contamination, which is It is trapped on the surface or inside of the filter medium, and the filtration effect is good. After a period of use, the silicon carbide porous ceramic filter material can be backwashed with gas or liquid to restore the original filtration capacity.
Pintejin machining ceramic service include : Alumina Ceramic Parts, Zirconia Ceramic, Silicon Carbide Ceramic, CNC Machined Aluminum Nitride Ceramic, Machinable Ceramic Parts, Glass Ceramic,Macor Ceramic,Powder Metallurgy Dies,Ceramic Injection Molding,Ceramic Dry Pressing,Ceramic Extrusion Dies